Subject: FW: Renewal and new membership of the Member State Committee (MSC) of ECHA - Appointments by 26 May 2025
From: "Tiiu Noobel" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>,Enda Veskimäe <[email-masked]>
Cc: "Maret Voore \(SM\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2025 16:14:34 +0300

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on väljastpoolt asutust saabunud kirjaga. Tundmatu
saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

Tere!

Edastan. Eestil ei paista aeguvaid liikmesusi olevat.

Parimate soovidega

Tiiu Noobel

Sekretär

Eesti Vabariigi alaline esindus EL juures

Rue Guimard 11/13, 1040 Brüssel

Tel: + 32 2227 4337,   <mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked]

 <https://eu.mfa.ee/et/> https://eu.mfa.ee/et/

From: Esindus EL juures üldaadress <[email-masked]>
Sent: Wednesday, April 16, 2025 2:52 PM
To: Tiiu Noobel <[email-masked]>
Subject: FW: Renewal and new membership of the Member State Committee
(MSC) of ECHA - Appointments by 26 May 2025

From: ECHA Committee Member States <[email-masked]
<mailto:[email-masked]> >
Sent: Wednesday, April 16, 2025 2:42 PM
To: ECHA Committee Member States <[email-masked]
<mailto:[email-masked]> >
Subject: Renewal and new membership of the Member State Committee (MSC) of
ECHA - Appointments by 26 May 2025

Dear Sir/Madam,

First and foremost, your contributions are invaluable to ECHA and very
important for our Regulatory processes. Therefore, I would like to thank
you once more for your continued and valuable support of the work of the
Member State Committee (MSC).

In accordance with the REACH provisions you are invited to (re-)appoint
your Member State’s representative(s) for the Member State Committee (MSC)
of the European Chemicals Agency (ECHA). This email explains the
appointment and renewal process, documentation required, and provides
background information on the type of expertise sought from the MSC
Member.

Members are to be appointed based on their role and experience relevant to
performing the tasks specified in Article 77(3) of the REACH Regulation.
The MSC tasks, expertise information and conflict of interest (CoI) policy
are explained in the Annexes 2 and 3, respectively.

Renewal of MSC Membership

In order to renew the appointment of the 3-year membership period of the
current MSC Member or Alternate Member whose term of office expires
between 1 July and 31 December 2025 (Annex 1), please provide the
following documents:

•        Nomination Form (Annex 5)

•
<https://echa.europa.eu/documents/10162/13576/doi_commitment_form-0039.doc
x/edfe0ee6-3bfb-047d-b516-107449a3a04b> Declaration of Interest and
Commitment (Please use only the template that can be found in the link,
all other versions of the document are invalid). If applicable, the
reappointed MSC Member may alternatively confirm by email to MSC
Secretariat that their Declaration of Interest and Commitment published on
the  <https://echadoiextprd1.powerappsportals.com/Publdecl/mscdecl/> MSC
webpage is still valid.

•        Europass CV (Annex 4) (Europass CV can also be filled in and
downloaded with the
<https://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/editors/en/cv/compose> Europass online
tool but please ensure that it includes the same information as the
annexed template). If applicable, the reappointed MSC Member may
alternatively confirm by email to MSC Secretariat that their CV published
on the  <https://echadoiextprd1.powerappsportals.com/Publdecl/mscdecl/>
MSC webpage is still valid.

Appointment of new MSC members

In order to appoint a new Member or an Alternate Member to the MSC, please
provide the following documents:

•        Nomination Form (Annex 5)

•
<https://echa.europa.eu/documents/10162/13576/doi_commitment_form-0039.doc
x/edfe0ee6-3bfb-047d-b516-107449a3a04b> Declaration of Interest and
Commitment (Please use only the template that can be found in the link,
all other versions of the document are invalid)

•
<https://echa.europa.eu/documents/10162/13576/doi_commitment_form-0108.doc
x/7a45303e-6b6b-e4ac-88d3-1a3a422247a9> Declaration of Confidentiality
(Please use only the template that can be found in the link, all other
versions of the document are invalid)

•        Europass CV (Annex 4) (Europass CV can also be filled in and
downloaded with the
<https://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/editors/en/cv/compose> Europass online
tool but please ensure that it includes the same information as the
annexed template)

Member States have the possibility to appoint a new Member at any point.
Based on the MSC Rules of Procedure, you may also consider nominating an
Alternate Member to the formally appointed MSC Member.

However, ECHA will assume that the appointed (new) Member will start from
the end of the term of office of the current Member, unless otherwise
stated in the Nomination Form. Members are expected to dedicate at least
30% of their work time to the MSC duties for ECHA.

Please note, that the (re-)appointed MSC Member should provide the filled
Declaration(s) and Europass CV directly to the MSC Secretariat and they
don’t need to sign their declaration(s) but by sending an email including
the declaration(s) from their individual e-mail address (i.e. not from any
functional mailbox or from other person’s e-mail address) to
<mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked]  in which they declare that
the information given is correct. As stated before, the reappointed MSC
Member may confirm by email to the MSC Secretariat that their Declaration
of Interest and Commitment and/or CV published on the
<https://echadoiextprd1.powerappsportals.com/Publdecl/mscdecl/> MSC
webpage is still valid instead of providing them again.

The Nomination Form is to be treated differently and sent by email by the
Permanent Representation to the above email address with the signature of
the MSCA. Note that also there an electronic signature is acceptable.

ECHA will process any personal data received in accordance with Regulation
(EC) 2018/1725 on the protection of individuals with regard to the
processing of personal data by the EU institutions, bodies, offices and
agencies.

You and the (re-)appointed member are kindly invited to submit the above
mentioned documents to ECHA latest by 26 May 2025.

If you have any questions concerning the appointments, please contact the
MSC Secretariat at  <mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked].

Yours faithfully,

Katinka van der Jagt

Chair of MSC

To:     Permanent Representatives of the EU member states

Cc:     REACH Competent Authorities of the Member States

          Members/Alternate Members of MSC listed in Annex 1

Annexes:

•        Annex 1: List of Expiring MSC memberships

•        Annex 2: MSC Tasks and Expertise Information

•        Annex 3: Policy CoI Eligibility Criteria

•        Annex 4: Europass CV Template (Europass CV can also be filled in
and downloaded with the
<https://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/editors/en/cv/compose> Europass online
tool but please ensure that it includes the same information as in the
annexed template)

•        Annex 5: MSCA Nomination Form